Berry's Butterfly Photos
The intent of the sightings graphs is to give a general idea of when a species might typically be found flying in Starr County, TX. The species graphs currently include observations made from May, 2007 to May, 2011: four complete years of sightings.
The data for these graphs come from my personal observations of butterfly species flying in western Starr County. Most of the sightings, naturally, come from my yard. When I have opportunity to visit other sites from Roma to Falcon State Park, that data is included. Very rarely, someone else's confirmed sighting of an uncommon species may also be added. My opportunities to collect data are often erratic regarding time and locations. Hermes Satyrs, for example, are probably undercounted because I rarely go to Salineno, where they are common. Also, the less-common of two easily-confused species may be overlooked. For example, I don't always make the effort to distinguish Desert and Tropical Checkered-Skippers from the more regular Common Checkered-Skippers.
- Interpretation of graphs for individual species
- 1 = one individual observed during month
- 2 = two individuals observed during month
- * = three or more individuals observed during month
- No graph: the particular species has been reported in Starr County, but not from May 2007 to May 2011.